Spiral is an AI solution that scans customer feedback and support data to detect emerging customer-facing problems before they blow up.
While you can check out our values here, in short, we’re a team of creative, passionate, and collaborative problem solvers. We all exchange friendly, honest feedback daily because we believe we have a lot to learn from one other. Coaching and preparation are also key to our success. And the best idea wins – always!
Our mission is to make every company in the world customer-centric.
Many companies receive a staggering amount of customer feedback every day – so much that no human could fully comprehend it all by hand. Product managers either attempt to manually scan through thousands of reviews and customer conversations or, surprisingly often, this information is just never used. Spiral, on the other hand, scans all customer feedback in minutes using AI and provides product managers and customer support leaders with specific problems that directly impact customers. This enables businesses to fix the problems that matter most, creating a better product and a happier customer. Founded by two former Amazonians, Spiral takes customer obsession to the next level. It provides companies with a scalable solution that shows the true north of what customers want, boosting the company’s revenue and customer satisfaction. Spiral has raised from world class investors such as Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Techstars, Amazon Alexa Fund, Alumni Ventures Group, and others.
If you are driven, aren’t scared to own a large component in our stack, are excited to experiment with crazy ideas, learn quickly, and would love to join a promising early-stage startup, come join us at Spiral to help thousands of companies make sense of their customer feedback!
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have demonstrated proficiency applying machine learning to meet business goals.
- Have had proven and recurrent success in designing, developing, implementing, and iterating on machine learning models.
- Have strong experience designing and working with data pipelines and distributed systems.
- Have experience successfully leading complex engineering and ML projects.
- Are proficient in writing production code in one or more modern languages.
- Love to write clean, well-factored, maintainable code and work with others to do the same.
- Thrive when there is variety and breadth in your work.
- Take satisfaction in owning big projects and developing new paths forward, and find that it’s worth the tradeoff of managing added ambiguity and messiness.
- Are open, collaborative, and flexible with others.
- Contribute to making decisions and move forward collaboratively after decisions are made, whether or not your approach was the one taken.
- Equally enjoy learning and teaching, and have the ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor others.
- Have experience working with a team to decide when to optimize for speed versus robustness depending on the specific context.
- Are proficient in working on modern web applications, including API and database interactions.
- Have experience with best practices in software engineering domains such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, automated testing, monitoring production environments, build and deployment of multi-package systems.
- Have enough experience as a software engineer and with ML to be considered “senior” (as described by some of these other items). That probably means you’ve been in a software engineering position for at least three years, but that isn’t a rigid requirement.
It’s a bonus if you:
- Have prior experience working as a software engineer at a startup and enjoyed it.
- Code fluently in Python, React, and/or Typescript.
- Are proficient with a variety of AWS architectures and services.
- Have experience working with a fully distributed/remote team.
- Are eager to add more custom emojis to our Slack environment 😆
Spiral is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are game to come and help us make every company in the world customer-centric, then we’d love to hear from you!